Friday, May 15, 2009

Reading

In response to my previous post, my mom sent me a great book! It's called Freaks, Geeks & Asperger Syndrome, and was written by Luke Jackson, a then-13-year-old with AS. So far, It's really engaging, and informative. I should go to bed now, since I may have accidentally stayed up too late and watched Castaway on TV with Travis (tomorrow's like his Saturday, and more like my Tuesday). But I will definitely post my thoughts later. My favorite thing about it so far is that all Luke's stories are about his family, and the way he relates with his 6 brothers (one is autistic and one has ADHD) and sisters. Thanks mom! I love you.

1 comment:

Ms. Sibbett said...

I read part of it on the way home from Barnes and Noble, and thought it was really practical, too! The kid was like "people with autism need to be told very clearly what's going on," and I was like "well who doesn't?" and the kid was like "be really clear," and I was like "good advice, dude," and the kid was like "and people with autism like to have heavy blankets on them when they sleep," and I was like "woah, do I have autism? I kind of hope so, because all that stuff's just good advice to me."