Sunday, May 10, 2009

One of my favorite things

I just woke up from a 2.5 hour nap. Normally, if I woke up from a nap at 8pm, I would feel all kinds of groggy. I absolutely hate the idea of sleeping through life, and even though I love naps just about as much as it's possible to love naps, there are rules. First off, after you wake up in the morning, you make the bed and sleep on top of the covers. Second, lights on (or at least windows open). Third, you must be wearing regular everyday clothes. No changing into pajamas to take a nap. Fourth, you never lie down for a nap without setting the alarm. These rules ensure that I don't fall into a year-long sleep haze and wake up, Rip Van Winkle style, having missed out on spending time with the people I love. I am so endeared to these rules that I actually shudder at the thought of taking a nap in the dark, or under the covers, or for 2.5 hours . . .
But I must have reeallly needed the sleep, because I feel great. The past week has been go go go, and even though a lot of it has been fun, and Travis and I went on some great dates (plus Joe, naturally), I have spent the last few days counting down the hours til Sunday afternoon when I could rest. And I am really grateful for the opportunity, since often we rehearse Sunday evenings with Borealis, but Danielle is out of town this weekend.

This will not be me someday.

No comments: