Monday, May 18, 2009

World's best

I love you, I love you, I love you so well.
I love you as much as a clam loves its shell.

This morning I got an email from my sister Lisa, including this valentine that my mom wrote. I think mom wrote it as an example for her kindergartners one year. This morning I really wish I could fly home for a day and give mom and Lisa the world's best hug. I wish we could go for a walk on the beach, then do fake ballet in the kitchen, then drive 45 minutes to Port Townsend for the world's best ice cream. It is wonderful being here in Texas with my amazing husband (he cooked us a surprise salmon dinner Friday night!), and our life here is full of blessings from God. But I'm often aware that, no matter how great the fake dancing or the ice cream, the world's best is in Indianola with the sisterhood.

I love you, I love you, I love you to mush.
I love you as much as a tooth loves its brush.

1 comment:

Ms. Sibbett said...

We miss you, Weens. Suddenly I am crying.

Tonight's (and every nights) kitchen ballet goes out to you....