Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Tuesday recap

  • Our water is back on! I am very grateful today for running water.
  • I have my first Texas sunburn. I put on SPF 50 several times yesterday, but it was no match for my pasty white skin. I have a perfect triangle on the front of my neck, and a little collar going around. Travis has quite the farmer's tan too. We make a very cute couple :)
  • I am excited about the new Supreme Court nominee, Judge Sonia Sotomayor. I watched the video of her appointment on cnn.com so I could pronounce her name correctly and sound smart. It is so-to-my-OR.
  • Travis is watching Driving Miss Daisy on TV. And laughing. Okay he just turned it off.
  • Our new Jetta TDI gets 45 miles per gallon. And diesel is 20 cents less than regular unleaded right now! I was really nervous about spending the money, but it looks like we will save in the long run. Now I just have to learn to drive it. Also, you know how diesel trucks sound? Well, our car sounds like that, only pretty quiet. If you stand outside it while it's running and close your eyes you can picture a tiny little semi truck (just like that Burger King commercial with the mini cows). So cute! Inside it is almost silent- Travis says there is some kind of double wall between the passengers and the engine.
  • Comic of the day:

No comments: