Monday, May 4, 2009

Bullet Points

Here is a quick rundown of what's new in Huskisson-land:
  • Travis broke 80 playing golf. Yay Travis!
  • Both of us now have health insurance through work. We are so grateful and relieved to have made it okay!
  • A week from tomorrow I will be done teaching theatre classes at the Jewish Community Center. I have learned a ton, and looove the children, the families, and my boss at the J. But I can't wait to only have two jobs! It will make it a lot easier for my boss at Capezio to do schedules, and for Travis and I took make plans with our friends and Austin family.
  • I was up several hours in terrible fear that our final performance today in my Theatre I class would crash and burn. I wanted to postpone it, but my boss Trisha wisely told me to relax and remember I was teaching kindergarteners, not college students. One student didn't know his lines, one decided to sit and watch, and one had to be led on and off stage several times, but of course it was delightful and the parents loved it. Now I can only imagine how I'll feel the night before Austin Dance Company's recital. I have 11 dances and about 75 students . . .
  • The Mariners (Go Mariners!) are currently 1st in the AL West, Rangers (Travis' team) 2nd. Good will abounds in the Huskisson household. Unfortunately, they are playing right now and the Rangers are up 6-4.
  • The new Fellowship and Education Building will hopefully be opening at church these next few weeks. The gym is right next to the youth room. Travis will have a place to play basketball at work, and the youth will no longer share a space with AA!
  • Details pending, but I am looking at picking up 10 more hours/week at Capezio starting in Ausgust. Not teaching at the J will help, but we are still praying about what other adjustments we might need to make in order to actually see each other once in a while.

1 comment:

hlw said...

I hope you get more time to PLAY this summer!!