Friday, May 29, 2009

Bursting with joy and music

Every time I hear a new Regina Spektor song it is my new favorite song. If you've known me long, you know that I love her like we're best friends. Her music makes me cry, sing along at the top of my lungs, and choreograph massive senior projects about things I'm thankful for.And her new album comes out on June 23! I just heard two new songs (Laughing With and Blue Lips) here on her myspace page, and I want to laugh and cry and choreograph and give and receive many hugs. There is no one here to hug (Travis is camping in Louisiana until Saturday night or Sunday morning), so I have to settle for blog sharing. Consider yourself hugged!

p.s. After you listen to those two new songs, go ahead and listen to The Call too. It is little and big at the same time, and perfect. Mom: Do you see the dancers?

p.p.s Oh dear. Ingrid Michaelson has two new songs out as well (All Love and Turn to Stone). They are beautiful, but then I listened to Winter Song again. Mmmm . . . I probably won't sleep much tonight, what with all the dancers running around in my head.

1 comment:

mom said...

The music is beautiful and you are right about it being emotionally charged. I would like her to make a CD of hymns. Congratulations on getting your laundry folded, and especially on your cookie recipe. No one likes making flat cookies.