Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Apartments

Our neighbors woke us up this morning with very loud music. The kind that is shaking our apartment, and especially our bed, which is on the wall next to their apartment. And Wednesday is my one sleep in day, so I really didn't want to be woken up. I am aware that just about everyone who lives in an apartment has some sort of noisy neighbor. It's part of why you get to live there so cheap. But what does one do in such a situation? Do you just wait it out? Politely and sweetly knock on the door and ask them to turn it down? Report it to the office? I'm inclined to go ask if they can please turn the music down, but I have a feeling that someone who plays loud music in an apartment complex at 7:30am really doesn't care if they're bothering anyone else, and might be the kind of person to laugh or yell at me. And my parents never once yelled at me growing up, so I'm very sensitive to being yelled at, and would probably cry, and be embarrassed, and then be told by everyone that I shouldn't have gone and knocked on their door in the first place. What if I were to bring cookies? I'd have to bake them first, and I'd really rather be sleeping, but cookies do sound good right now . . .

UPDATE: I baked the cookies, but of course it is hours later now and the music has stopped. I will have to save some cookies in case it happens again :)

No comments: