Thursday, May 7, 2009

Accidents

Yesterday morning I was getting out of my car at work when I saw a car slam into a tree across the street. It must have been going 40mph, and the car was wrapped around the tree all the way back to the windshield. I ran across the street, opened the door, and was beyond relieved to find the driver okay. She was probably in her late teens, very shaken up, but not injured. A man who had run up behind me called 911, another told her to turn off the car, and I helped her out and let her use my phone to call her mom. I waited with her for about 10 minutes until the police and her parents arrived, gave my statement, then went back to work. After that, it was just a normal day, but I still can't get those few seconds of running up to the car, not knowing what I would find, out of my head. I hope her parents are able to be as grateful as I am that their daughter is safe.

1 comment:

dad said...

beanzo
i am grateful you had courage in terror to go up to that car. it totally sucks not knowing how bad it may be. please keep up with that commitment to be a helper.
dad