Monday, May 18, 2009

Bullet points, remix

  • Travis and I are watching Transformers, and Megatron just called Sam a "fleshling." Fleshling. What did they call the hobbits in LOTR? Shireling, or something like that? Awesome. I'm kind of little. Maybe someday someone will call me "danceling" or "redheadling."
  • I really don't want to wade through the next several weeks of getting ready for recital at ADC and our Borealis performance May 31. I want to start picking music and costumes and choreographing for next year! Really I just wish I could choreograph all day long :)
  • The car that Travis is looking at getting for us is a manual. I have enough trouble driving an automatic! But he says I will learn. More car news to come as soon as my little brain can recover from the last several weeks of non-stop car talk (okay not really).
  • It seems like everyone is having beautiful little babies. Just saying.
  • The 90's hits station at work is my favorite. They play Boys II Men, and Janet Jackson, and Sinead O'Connor, and today they played "Your woman!" (See video below, which is really just the song, but it's a great song so you should give it a listen.) Radio hits from the 90's are at least 10 years old now, and many of them are almost 20 years old. When I was a kid, they played 20-year-old songs on "Good times, great oldies: 97.3 KBSG."
    And now, for your listening pleasure, the song of the day:

3 comments:

Ms. Sibbett said...

This is a very astute point, about time spans and KBSG. My childhood is now the time of "great oldies."

WHAT DO YOU MEAN "EVERYONE'S HAVING BABIES, JUST SAYING"?! Explain your subtext, little sister.

Jeannie said...

No caps necessary, Wees. Just that I know it's not the right time for Travis and me, and we would really like to spend the next several years together before we have children, but right now I'm going a little baby crazy and having a hard time waiting. Can I be blamed if I have near-nightly dreams about snatching babies in grocery stores?

Ms. Sibbett said...

Caps are too necessary. If you are feeling emotionally ready to have babies -- however not ready logistically -- that is a big deal, baby sister.