Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Oops!

I seem to have pulled a muscle tonight at rehearsal. I don't recall pulling a muscle before, or at least like this. It hurts real bad every time I bend my left leg, to walk, sit, stand, or change positions. I am very grateful it's just a pulled muscle and not a broken something, but it still makes me think about how fleeting my dance "career" could be. In heaven, I am going to dance so much, and never worry about it being my last day dancing. And I will dance with Hedgemon :)

For tomorrow, though, when I teach 7 classes in a row, I will not dance. I need to rest up, since we (Borealis) have a show in a week and a half. Also, I really can barely move my leg. Regardless, it will be very difficult not to teach by doing, especially since my teaching assistant will be gone tomorrow. I don't know how to lead a warm up without dancing! At rehearsal Wakelyn, Danielle, and Bethany were suggesting that I have students lead warm up. It thing I will do that with my older students, though I'm skeptical that it will work with the 5-7 year olds. I'm also not sure about my private lesson.

On the plus side, our (Borealis') new piece is finished and it is really creepy and cool! I had to just sit and watch the last 30 seconds or so, but it shouldn't be too hard to learn. Also, when I was icing my leg the icepack got all melted and it looked I had peed my pants. So good times.

No comments: