Sunday, April 26, 2009

Youth Sunday

Today was Youth Sunday at Covenant, which means that the middle and high school students led all four services, from reading scripture to preaching. I only managed to take one picture, which is pretty lame considering I went to two services and out to Rudy's (a combination gas station/bbq restuarant- that's how we roll in Texas) for dinner with the youth.My one and only picture from Youth Sunday! Heather (Travis' boss and a great friend, back row second from left) with a few of the students. The two guys in front each gave the sermon at two services!
I was really impressed with the youth, especially with the sermons Evan and Alex gave. They spoke on John 15, which is one of my favorite passages. In it, Jesus calls himself the vine, and explains that we, as the branches, cannot bear any fruit without Him.
My favorite anecdote from Alex's sermon: "So bear good fruit and Jesus will love you more! [Stunned silence from congregation] "J/K. That's impossible! Let us pray . . ." I was holding back laughter during the whole prayer. I think God can appreciate a sense of humor. I just hope that everyone in the congregation knew what "j/k" means.

1 comment:

mom said...

I like clicking on the blue words in your blog and seeing what happens. You have many impressive computer skills!
Just so you know Jeannie, everyone my age loves dolphins because of Flipper. Flipper was as loved and respected as Lassie and maybe even more heroic. And smart too. Flipper knew who to save and who to attack.