Sunday, April 19, 2009

Cupcakes! (Also: Joe's birthday)

Today is our good friend Joe's birthday. We brought German Chocolate cupcakes (and regular chocolate, because who wants pecans on their cupcake? Answer: not me) to the end of high school Ascent, then headed to El Arroyo to celebrate! One thing I have realized lately is that pretty much all our friends are in their 20s, so instead of buying lots of little candles, we have candle in the shape of a number 2. Then we slowly add other numbers. So far we also have a 4 and a 7.
Here are Joe and Trey after high school group, looking very grown up. Please note: 3 foursquare balls in background. You know, just in case.
I think that when you turn 27, we can no longer call you the "birthday boy," but instead the "birthday man." Even so, everyone loves a birthday card with little pirates that moon you when you open it. Pirate booty. Classic.
Everyone out on the patio at El Arroyo. We first asked one waiter to take our picture, and he declined because he had "10 tables inside" and was real busy. No problem, we just asked the next waiter who came outside. But I luaghed to myself when I went inside to use the restroom a few minutes later and saw the restaurant almost completely empty:) Apparently that guy just really didn't want to take our picture! Also a source of some laughs tonight: me spitting up my Sprite because something was funny. (I said we had a blog, and that it was nice my mom could read it because she was in a different time zone so we didn't talk on the phone much, and Russell asked "where does she live, Vietnam?") I really need to get a handle on that issue. . .

And now, with out further ado, my first blog video!

No comments: