Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Trapped!

I am a prisoner in my own home. The glorious summer weather everyone warned me about has finally set in. 94 degrees. At 11 am. In April. Wednesdays are (most weeks) my one morning off from work, and I often enjoy sleeping in, running some errands, making cookies, and maybe taking a little nap before heading off to work at 2:30ish (until 9- 7 dance classes in a row with no bathroom breaks!). But baking is sort of out of the question right now, as is puttering around Austin in my car. My new routine, established this morning, looks like this:
7:30 Get up to say goodbye to Travis, check e-mail, make bed
8:00 Back to bed (this time on top of the covers) for one more hour . . .
9:00 Too hot to make cookies this morning (good thing we bought some Milanos on sale yesterday), make that two hours . . .
10:00 Or three?
11:00 Wrestle myself out of bed and realize that the AC has somehow turned off and it's over 80 in my home, which has forced me into a three hour sleep haze!

Also of note, I had a sleep-haze-induced dream this morning that Travis and I were running away from the Coast Guard in my parents' metal boat, the Klammath. Real life Travis in the real life Klammath
Then they (the Coast Guard) came for us at home, and my parents and I had to sneak into our neighbors' house to hide. Then, when the Coast Guard came into the neighbors' house to look for us, we climbed all over and through the house before making our daring escape. So my question is . . .
Why in the world were we running away from the Coast Guard?!?!?!

And maybe I should mention my favorite part of the dream. Travis looked like Travis, and I knew he was my husband, but I couldn't remember whether his name was Travis, Trey, or Joe. Hmmm . . . And I guess I'm not the only one who's confused:
A few weeks ago at the Easter Sunrise Service, I met a sweet woman sitting next to me. She asked me if she knew me, and I told her that my husband, Travis, was the youth intern at the church so maybe she had seen us around (Travis was home with terrible allergies that morning). So later in the service, my new friend turned to me and pointed to Trey, who was playing the guitar up front, and asked "is that your husband?" I hadn't even spoken to Trey yet that morning! Awesome.Hey Texas: this is what a summer morning in Washington looks like!

2 comments:

mom said...

I love your blog, Jeannie. I can almost hear you reading it to me, like on TV when someone gets a letter and you hear the voice of the writer. It all sounds just the way you talk. The pictures on the blog are so perfect. Especially the summer in Washington picture.

Jessica said...

I also love your blog Jeannie! Welcome to the world of blogging! Sounds like your life in Texas is HOT, but wonderful. I am glad you have found dance in Texas. Love to you!