Friday, April 24, 2009

Things that seem like they should be easy in 2009, but aren't

Our big project at Capezio (the dancewear store where I work 30 hrs a week) for the last several weeks has been getting our storefront ready for photos. The company is re-doing its website, and part of that re-do will be pictures of each of the stores. Even though we were pretty sure most of the store wouldn't show in the photos, we have redone the window displays, clipped or hid every tag in the front of the store, and moved countless things around to make the storefront look "seasonally neutral" (i.e. no easter stuff, less spring colors). No prob. Then yesterday we took some photos. Also no prob. Then it was time to send the photos to our district manager, Amber. Our internet access at the store is seriously limited (we're only allowed to go to two websites, which of course creates a wealth of issues when a customer asks us to give them directions somewhere, or to find another store that might have what they need), so I took my camera home to send them via gmail. But it appears that Amber's inbox wouldn't receive an e-mail with 8 pictures, because it didn't send. So then I tried sending them via yousendit.com (which is great if you need to send someone one big file, like a video), but you have to pay to send more than one file at a time, and I really didn't want to send 8 separate e-mails to my boss's boss. I finally ended up making a picasa web album and inviting her to view it. So much work to send 8 photos to someone who lives here in Austin!
The result, taken by my co-worker, Devin, on the camera new sister Crystal got us for our wedding (we love the camera!)
Also, here are some of my favorite pictures from my old (old as in the account has my maiden name, but not old as in archeologically significant) picasa web albums.

Travis at the bench in Indianola, where we got engaged:
Me in my costume from one of the plays I performed last fall with Taproot Theatre Company. I played a fourth grader. Convincing? Also, awesome Peter is in the background in his King Henry costume
We went to a Rangers/Mariners game in Seattle! It was Travis' first Rangers game, and he was stoked! Me: not as stoked, since the Mariners lost :(

Travis with one of the many pies I made during blackberry season last year. Blackberries are real expensive here (as opposed to the free bounty behind my parents' house in Indianola) and they don't taste quite right either. We're hoping that there'll be a few ripe berries when we visit my parents at the end of June (season starts late July, but could come early if there's a lot of rain).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Please tell me you guys are going to find some time to visit all your MVPC buddies! We want to see you for sure! I would love to take you and Travis out to dinner so we can catch up! Let me know the dates.

Ms. Sibbett said...

Re the possibility of June blackberries: you wish. You will simply have to come back in July!