Saturday, April 25, 2009

Sharing is fun!

My friend (and maybe yours?) Ben Bonnema is a very gifted musician, composer, and friend. He was a huge encouragement to me my last two years at Whitworth, and it was fun when Travis interned at his home church, Marine View Pres in Tacoma, to meet his wonderful family and see the great community where he grew up. Anyway, Ben had his junior year composition recital at Whitworth a few weeks ago, and he just posted the music on this myspace page! I especially recommend Kingdom Come, which is a piece from the rock opera Ben is writing about King David (called David, naturally). It's beautiful (and the second voice is definitely Ben).
And while I'm on a sharing Whitworth projects kick, here is a link to the video from my senior theatre dance project, Thanksgiving, which we performed almost exactly a year ago. (oh and hey! The guy at the very beginning is the one and only Ben Bonnema!) I remember walking downstairs for my dress rehearsal and seeing all 25 dancers in their costumes and thinking "I'll never feel this overwhelmed and happy and grateful until my wedding day." What a year it's been . . .
p.s. credit is due to the extremely talented Beau Chevassus, who filmed my project and spent hours putting together and posting the video (and did the whole thing for $20 when I was a poor college student)

No comments: