Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Olympic Gold

Tonight at WAC Wednesday (Middle School youth group) was Messy Olympics. When I was a camper, and then a camp counselor for 3 years, I was always very careful never to participate in anything like this. But tonight I had no fear.
Okay, I didn't play octopus ultimate frisbee (you think I'm joking, but they played with a real dead octopus), but I did everything else. This was maybe due to the fact that Travis was in charge of planning the games (that's his job, can you believe it?) , so I was able to give him an idea of substances I was and wasn't willing to have dumped on me. Pudding, yes. Shaving cream, yes. Oatmeal, yes. Ranch dressing, no. Raw eggs, no.
Paige, one of our youth leaders, took pictures:
Before
After
The girls' team won this game by getting the most stuff to stick to my face!
Guess what's in this bowl . . .
That's right. This stuff. It smelled like oatmeal and maple syrup. But you'll have to ask Travis.
After the flour fight
9-Square! With sponges that you could throw at anyone to distract them . . .
Sponges full of things like tomato juice with fruit loops
Our friend Heather in the center square
After we all got hosed off (4 hours and a shower later, I am still finding bits of things in my hair). Good times!

No comments: