Sunday, August 23, 2009

Good gifts


Look mom! I'm wearing the skirt you sent me! I wear it all the time, because it perfect for me, and also perfect for a summer in which you have 63 days over 100 degrees. That's right. 63 days. Thank you mom!
Also, tonight we once again played Rummikub, which was a bridal shower gift from my lifelong friend (we met when I was a few months, and she a few days, old!) Julie Rose, as well as her mom Shirley Parrott (my mom's college roommate, and my 2nd grade teacher). Julie and her husband James apparently play a hardcore version of Rummikub where everyone plays at once (a la Speed Scrabble), but so far we're addicted to the plain old original.
Joe and I had the idea to play a card game at the same time as Rummikub. We started with something simple, Go Fish. Unfortunately, I lost both games at the same time. But here is Joe looking forlorn (or trying to), and Will Ferrell accidentally showing up on the tv in the background! (Naturally, we had the baseball game on mute while we played)
We are so happy to have Trey back from camp! It's also nice to have Sunday nights free- we normally all go to the 6:30 pm contemporary service at church, but today was the soft launch of the new morning contemporary service, which meant we could go to church once for middle school group and church and not have to go back later!
Travis is only pretending to be grumpy. He really loooves it when I take so many pictures.
When Joe and I started playing Go Fish during slow turns, Trey and Travis started exploring iphone apps. At one point Travis tried to use the iphone as a coaster (it didn't work very well- too tippy), and we wondered if there is an app for that. Probably.

No comments: