Sunday, August 23, 2009

What We're Told

This weekend I performed in my 4th (I think?) show with Borealis. We entered two pieces in 10 Minutes Max, which is sort of like a film festival for dance. It was at the Carver Museum in the East End, which is a beautiful building with a perfect-sized theatre.The first piece we entered was Awaiting Fate, a piece Danielle choreographed by Danielle about the Salem witch trials. It is breathtaking, and I always love watching Danielle, Bethany, and Katelyn (in jackets, below) perform it. Wakelyn and I joined them for our other piece, We Do What We're Told, also known as "the piece that makes small children cry, according to Travis." Danielle stenciled all sorts of commands on our shirts. The back of mine says "pay attention."We discovered that my arms were longest, so I took a lot of these pictures with everyone's cameras.
It's always nice to be done with a show! Now we just have to rehearse like mad for the next 2 months to have a full-length show ready for Oct. 9-10. Terrifying. . . Just like this picture:

1 comment:

Megan Rose said...

Jeannie -

I was introduced to this a few months ago by some other dancer friends and want desperately to show you too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sMc-p19FIk

It is so crazy!! I can't believe it!

Megan "Shootsy"