Sunday, October 18, 2009

Lists are scary!

I'm not great at moderation. I blog three times a day, or not at all for 2 months (sorry mom!). When I find a song I love, I listen to it 100 times in a row before moving on to something else. And I can't start a Red Robin Teriyaki Chicken burger without finishing it off, as well as all of the steak fries on my plate and everybody else's plate, and usually a mile-high mud pie too.
I am praying that this will be my season of learning to balance all of the pieces of my life with out getting to absorbed in any, or letting anything fall by the wayside completely. I would like to continue working full-time at Capezio, teaching at ADC, dancing with Borealis, and leading a d-group at church. I would also like to make time for God's word, for prayer, for calling and writing family and friends, for blogging, for spending time with friends in Austin, for cooking and eating actual dinners with Travis, for keeping my apartment organized, for getting enough sleep (this is doctor mandated- apparently I'm giving myself migraines by sleeping 6 hours a night), preparing lesson plans, baking, dates, meetings, and the church drama team. It feels really overwhelming, but I guess I don't know anybody who doesn't feel daunted by all the things they want to accomplish. The solution, it seems, would be to cut out anything that is not these things. No extra choreographing, crafts, watching tv, or naps. No down time.
I am really looking forward to my parents coming to visit this weekend. My dad always says that surfing is a good substitute for sleep. To me, seeing my parents is a good substitute for a weeklong vacation. In college, they always seemed to come visit at just the right times, the times I was in the middle of some big show or working too many hours and needed some rest but couldn't get it. Instead, I would get the world's best hugs, a lot of prayer, and breakfast at Rosauer's.
Mom: do you think Rosauer's Family Restaurant would consider opening a branch in Texas?

2 comments:

dad said...

beanzo
sometimes genetics suck, like scary lists. unfortunately you come by it honestly from a couple angles. sorry.
but sometimes genetics are cool...like on the drive south from klamath falls with aunt shirlee, almost to santa cruz, and we are 15 minutes from her place and she says, "lets stop for lunch". so we did, and there was live music, 4 old guys my age playing some really good music, including blues, and shirlee is dancing, singing along, and her fingers are playing along with the keyboard....she couldn't help it; the music forced her to move and dive in...at age 85. very impressive. and i thought of you.
love dad
see you in a few days.

Unknown said...

Yea!!! The return of 3-2-1 Huskissons! I am so excited!