Monday, August 3, 2009

Tradition! (Tradition)

Please of please tell me that you love the songs from Fiddler on the Roof as much as I do.

Also, here is an adorable tradition we discovered last night at the Mariners/Rangers game: Rookie pitchers carry pink backpacks to the bullpen before the game!
The Mariners' pink backpack says "Cupcake." (We actually saw two Mariners pitchers wearing them last night!) The Rangers have a Snow White backpack. The Pirates have Hello Kitty. The Diamondbacks, My Little Pony.
You don't have to click on all the links. I have just been doing a lot of research, because the practice is so fascinating to me! And I have to tell you, because Travis is somehow not interested in what I consider to be one of the coolest things I've ever learned about a sport. Here are some more details: the wearer of the backpack is the pitcher with the least amount of service time with the team. He is also responsible for keeping the bag stocked with whatever items the pitching staff may need during the game (water, candy, gum, aspirin, etc.). Usually the bag is worn on the back, but sometimes it has to be moved across the field in other ways, like by being rolled on the ground.
I love baseball.

No comments: