Saturday, August 1, 2009

Lesson time

It is no secret that:
a) I am (or at least was in college) a student of theatre, and acting especially
b) Keanu Reeves is my favorite actor
Therefore, this slideshow, compete with Keanu-meter, sort of made my day. I will for sure incorporate some of these expressions into my acting repertoire, if I ever find myself with the time to actually act again.
Please note: there are several captions on this slideshow that are not approproate for children. I apologize for linking to anything innappropriate, but you'll have to forgive me. It's Keanu.

Also, and speaking of lessons, tomorrow I am teaching middle school Sunday school. This summer we are doing a topical video series; basically, we show a few clips from a movie each week and talk about how that movie ties into God's message for us about a topic (past topics have included freedom, enemies, and faith). I will be using some clips from one of my favorite movies, Seconhand Lions, which, while it doesn't star Keanu, features the journey of several misfits to find community and family together. I love movies that feature the journey of several misfits to find community and family together almost as much as I dislike movies in which a band of misfits form a sports team which, while performing poorly at first, beats the odds to inspire the nation. I will be talking about real love, and the way God's picture of love (as shown in 1 Cor 13, naturally) differs from the images we often see around us. This movie shows both selfish and sacrificial love, so I'm hoping it will tie in well. Prayers around 9:30am central time would be greatly appreciated.

Also, speaking of love . . . we are going to ride roller coasters and see the Mariners play the Rangers tomorrow!!!

No comments: