Friday, July 16, 2010

Observations on TLC shows

When Travis goes golfing, I watch TLC.
  • How many shows are there about cakes? What is the demand for all this supply?
  • Commercials for cupcake shows should be illegal. They make me frenzied with cupcake hunger, and I can't forget it because every 5 minutes . . . there's another cupcake promo!
  • Things learned from Say Yes to the Dress: DON'T take anyone to your wedding dress appointment that doesn't have the exact same taste as you. Don't take your fiance. Don't take his mom (unless you're really close and there is NO potential awkwardness). Don't, for the love of all that is good and beautiful, take your father. Also, you might be really close with your dad, but he's probably not your best friend. And you'll learn that when you take him to your wedding dress appointment.
  • Customer on Say Yes to the Dress just now: "I'm an obnoxious person, and I'd like an obnoxious dress." Really?!
  • The Duggars have a lot of money. If you don't have a lot of money, don't have 19 kids. Also, I love the Duggars! I can't wait for all those teenage daughters to fall in love and and have their own wedding specials.
  • I truly believe that I could use a What Not to Wear make-over. I am clueless when it comes to looking my age. Help me, Stacy, Clinton, Carmandy, and especially you, Nick Arrogio. You have free reign with my hair, and I know you wouldn't even dream of touching it with hair dye.
  • Toddlers and Tiaras is not as bad as Travis thinks it is (though Little Miss Perfect is even better). There is always at least one redeemable character, usually a sweet dad.
Travis is back from golfing. I was watching sports the whole time. You know nothing.

p.s. Apparently the cupcake ladies make "pupcakes" too. Sasquatch and I both want cupcakes now.

1 comment:

mom said...

WOW Jeannie, it's blogfeast or blogfamine with you! I love your multiple new entries. I remember your wedding dress appointment, especially wide-eyed Mia and the princess dresses. You were wise to listen only to what you wanted to hear.