Monday, July 26, 2010

Big mistakes

1) Say Yes to the Dress is a tv show is about a bridal store.  They always talk about how it's very important to pin down a budget with a bride, and only let her try on dresses within her budget.  Otherwise, she might try on and fall in love with something that's completely out of her price range, and then be heartbroken and unhappy in any other dress.  I've just committed the choreography equivalent of this error.  I have been trying for weeks to find the perfect song for a latin jazz dance I'm setting on my girls on Saturday.  NOTHING is right.  Not enough pop, not enough latin, not enough to dance to, not appropriate for 12-year-olds . . . And I finally fell in love with a song.  However, upon translation I realize that it is about a hotel-room tryst, and way into the realm of inappropriate for 12-year-olds.  On the one hand, they might not translate it.  On the other hand, there is an English-language version that lays it out pretty clearly.  Give a girl a break, Shakira!
2) I was about to go pick up props for my dances, then go to the studio and choreograph.  There is SO MUCH to be done.  But I walk outside and it starts storming.  Texas-style.  Which means there is no going anywhere unless you absolutely have to.  So I decided that I need to at least do something else productive.  The house needs to be mostly cleaned and packed by next Monday.  The logical place to start was un-folded laundry.  So I pulled it all out.  All of the unfolded laundry in the house.  And you know what?  It won't even fit on our couch.  We're looking at HOURS of laundry folding here, with more in the washer and dryer.

It's go time.

Also, if you know of a song that sounds exactly like "Lo Hecho Esta Hecho"/ "Did It Again," but isn't that song, let me know . . . 

No comments: