Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Do you want to talk about my dog?!

Lately I've been feeling like I've run out of words. My freshman year of college, my roommate Chelsea would sometimes be in the middle of a story, and then just peter off into "words, words words . . ." And that would be it. She was, and is, hilarious. But also practical, because sometimes you're tired and just lose the desire to finish your sentence. And when those times come, it's nice to have a little transition phrase at your disposal.
For example,
"We saw Inception last night. Travis and I can't figure out how everybody can have a dream together in the first place. But what I really can't stop thinking about is . . . words words words."
This is useful for when your brain is tired, because you're up all night thinking about the movie Inception.
or
"The AC went out at work and words words words."
I like that last one because then I don't have to talk about the heat again, because all I do in Texas is talk about the heat.
or
"Sasquatch had a vet appointment today, her last one in words words words"
Good for avoiding talk about moving when you don't want to be weepy. Also good for diverting the conversation from talk about your dog when you realize that you are talking about your dog AGAIN, and you have become that person that talks about their pet all the time.

Also, while I was at the vet today I overheard one of the vet techs calling in a prescription for insulin to the pharmacy. Insulin for a dog. Really? Can dogs get type 2 diabetes? Because Sasquatch really likes to lick the dough crumbs off the floor when I'm baking, and words words words.

1 comment:

Karen G said...

I love your writing Jeannie! I will love reading your blog from Spokane!