Friday, July 30, 2010

Currently choreographing

17 Years by Ratatat
  •  modern duet with 9 crates the dancers stack and push and move around.  It's very industrial but playful. 
Home by Marc Brousssard
  • four little girls in workman jumpsuits with push-brooms.  bluesy jazz.  Man is it hard to find jumpsuits in children's sizes that don't say "correctional facility" on the back.
Game On by Pitbull
  • latin/pumped-up-for-the-game jazz.  I'm trying to trick this out so my girls can win at competition, but it goes against my very nature. 
Good Vibrations Glee Cast Version
  • this is supposed to be an old-school hip-hop duet for an 8 and 9-year old.  I am praying for inspiration like my mom said to do.

All are in progress (okay, Good Vibrations has not been started), all due by 9am Saturday morning.  I am feeling overwhelmed, but excited that I am four dances away from being done with work in Austin and starting my new job at Whitworth! 

No comments: