Sunday, July 25, 2010

Now and then

I am officially done with my 9-5 (or really 9-7:30, since it's retail) job. I have one more week in Austin, and it will be jam-packed with goodbyes, packing, cleaning, and choreography. Especially choreography. This coming weekend I have 4 dances to teach my dance students, my last thing to do in Austin before I can head up to Spokane and start work! I am excited (about Whitworth), and relieved (to be done at my current job), and stressed out (about all the work that needs to be done by Saturday) all at once.
You know what this reminds me of? College. In college, there is always something you have to do, something you've just finished, and something you are about to start. I think I was much better at dealing with it then than I am now. I have been non-stop busy for the last year and a half, but now when I have any amount of time to myself, I have much more trouble
Free time, then and now:
Then: 20 minute nap, make a huge amount of penne pasta with marinara, go straight to work. Now: take 2 hour nap, make a huge amount of bow-tie pasta with marinara, play with Sasquatch, come in after 5 minutes because it's hot, write a blog, read for a while, try to clean my house, try to play with Sasquatch again, take Sasquatch's frisbee away from her because she's eating it again . . .
You know what was always a good incentive for me? Grades. Maybe I should ask Travis to make me a report card.

4 comments:

Jess said...

Jeannie! I didn't know you are moving back to Spokane! Most Excellent!

Jeannie said...

We are stoked! Will you be back there in the fall?

Jess said...

I am totally going to be back, doing InterPlay with Diana and helping Karla choreograph the fall musical

Jeannie said...

Awesome!