Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Story of my life

Today I locked my keys in the dance studio. It wouldn't have happened had I been responsible in the first place, and turned in my time card 3 days ago when it was due. But I forgot, and our wonderful office manager Pixie texted to remind me yesterday. So today after work I braved the terrible traffic to go turn in my time card. I unlocked the office door, left my card, walked out, and closed the door. And then I reached into my purse for my keys. Which I'd of course left on the desk. I checked in vain to see if any of us had accidentally left the two studio doors open, but of course they were locked. I probably locked them myself.
So then I called wonderful Pixie, who again proved herself wonderful by braving traffic to come rescue me. She will be seriously missed at the studio (moving on to a full time job), and everything will probably fall apart without her. But we will still be friends. She has promised to go take a hip hop class with me!
Oh yeah, I'm teaching hip hop in the fall. I give you permission to laugh. I only have a few months to find my inner JLo.

No comments: