Friday, June 5, 2009

More like fundLOWERING!

I hate fundraising. I want to support my dance company, and i want us to be able to perform, but I don't want to send out letters asking for money, or organize workshops and try to get people to pay for them, and I especially don't want to sell all my ballerina cookies (partly because they are going to be super yummy, and partly because some of them look like sumo wrestlers instead of ballerinas, and I'm a little embarrased). Tonight Danielle and Caitlyn are coming over to help me decorate the cookies, and hopefully we can work some miracles and make them look cute. Then tomorrow someone (not me, since I work the longest day ever on Saturdays) will sell them along with little boquets to the parents of dancers at Danielle's recital. I am nervous!

Also, the season premiere of Burn Notice was on last night. That show is so good!

And, the top 20 were selected on So You Think You Can Dance! That means from now on it is all good dancers, mom, so you can start watching. And one of the top girls, Asuka, is Danielle's friend from college!

Time to make some frosting. Pink and blue and white, perhaps? Purple sounds cute in theory, but it always turns out so gray and blah. I'll make pink and white and let Danielle and Caitlyn decide on the other color when they get here.

No comments: