Monday, August 16, 2010

Good/Bad/Ugly

I had a hip hop student the past two years who would always start her turn at share time with "I have good news and bad news: which do you want first?"  I always picked the bad news first, because it's better to end things on a lighter note, but usually they were both just plain old news and one wasn't particularly worse than the other.  An example:  "The bad news is that my brother's birthday is next week.  The good news is that we are learning about African animals in school."  Oh did I mention she's six?
By the end of the year, a half dozen students followed this model for their share time, which was funny but took up a lot of time in which we could have been learning the two break dancing stalls I can do.  Now, it's my turn.
We'll start with the bad news first:
I had a monster migraine today.  I'm sure I've had migraines this bad before, but it's hard to imagine when you're in the middle of it.  How is is possible that my brain didn't just completely shut down from the pain?  Aren't you supposed to go into shock or something?  Maybe my body doesn't have the usual self-preservation mechanisms.  Anyway, it was about 6 hours before I started feeling any relief, and there's absolutely nothing good I can say about those six hours, so I won't try.  Needless to say I went home sick from work, which was double lame because 1) I really wanted to be there and 2) I had to drive home in pain.  I am now trying to eat some soda crackers- my first food since a whole day spent vomiting, and they seem to be settling okay.  I am also trying not to over analyze the last 24 hours, because there's really nothing I ate that I don't eat on a regular basis, I got enough sleep, and a person could go crazy trying to figure out what they did wrong all the time.  I finally fell asleep around 2 pm and woke up feeling a lot better (and extremely grateful for relief) around 3 pm.
Good news!
After all of that, I was able to make an appointment to view the red corner house that became my dream home this weekend.  It was a little nerve-wracking viewing it alone, but now that I've seen the inside I know Travis is going to love it.  There is so much storage!  A 2-car garage!  A fenced yard for Sasquatch!  A fully finished basement with 3rd bedroom!  A dishwasher!  Tomorrow I am going to call about the logistics of Travis applying without actually being here yet, and hopefully we'll be able to get our application in before anyone else does.
Ugly:
Please pray for the moving van that Travis is currently driving across the country, and for the fearless passengers.  Travis and Sasquatch are beautiful, but the trip itself is a beast and made all the more difficult by truck/trailer/dog.  I can't wait to have them here as soon as Thursday night!
Good call

No comments: