Wednesday, September 22, 2010

music video extravaganza

WARNING: This post is going to contain lots of links to YouTube music videos.  In other words, my dad is going to love it.
When it comes to music videos, OK Go can do no wrong.  Fun.  Choreography.  High concept.  High concept, fun choreography!  This is what I'm all about, people.  I wish you could see my "little girls with push brooms as tired, bluesy workers" dance.  I wish I could see it too, actually, since I taught it in Texas and then moved to Washington two days later.
Ok, it's go time (see what I did there?!):
  • I smiled and laughed straight through this one tonight (and missed Sasquatch like crazy)

They are (almost) all rescue dogs, which makes it even more awesome!
And now a few favorites from the past.  I had hoped to embed these, but embedding has been disabled on most of them, so I am linking instead.  But if you have some extra time and want to be massively entertained, you should click at least one link.  I recommend the second one, if you have to choose.
  • The video that started it all, "A Million Ways"
  • My second favorite (to the puppies, seen above) also has embedding disabled.  But it features treadmills!  I wish I came up with this.  Every choreographer wishes they did.  Or at least I imagine they do.
  • They actually made two videos for the next song, "This Too Shall Pass," but I prefer the Rube Goldberg version to the marching band version (which is still pretty great, and you actually can embed, so here goes)


Also, I'm in Montana.  I have had a great week, but I can't wait to go home and see my little family tomorrow!  Maybe Travis and I will get Sasquatch to do some tricks while we play hipster music in the background.

1 comment:

mom said...

Your dad did love it! Me, too. I know I will watch the treadmill dance again sometime soon. I loved the marching band too, and all the rest.