Sunday, September 12, 2010

The move

Bullet points!
  • Tomorrow we move into our very own rental house.  I really hope it's as great as I remembered, especially since Travis hasn't seen the inside.  Ever.  I am very used to trusting him to make big decisions for us, but I am scared of being the one that makes the big decisions without him.  If he dislikes it, we're stuck there for a year.  I am 92% sure, however, that it will still be great when we get there.  
  • Moving into our ow house means we will move out of Katie and Phil's.  I can't even express how grateful we are for their generosity in hosting us this past month (actually more like 6 weeks for me), and how much fun we've had!  There is a lot to be said for having someone to share the cooking and dish duties with, not to mention built-in friends.  Sasquatch has become very attached.  Good thing we're only moving down the street!
  • My dad is coming (and bringing our niece Angelina!) to help us move.  He is also bringing one of his beautiful picnic tables.  I am stoked!  We have never had a place for a picnic table before, or a yard, or a fireplace.  
  • I hope the previous owners leave their firewood for us . . .
  • Also need a lawn mower.
  • Being a grown-up is a lot of work! 

2 comments:

dad said...

beanzo
you didn't mention you may need firewood....i have tons, literally, and access to many more tons...a cord is a ton and a half if it is green, about a ton seasoned. the good news is that this might give becky and i an excuse to come over soon so becky can see the red house and we can help yall not freeze to death....snow's a coming.
texas sweeping the yankees will hopefully have the same outcome in the playoffs.
dad

Jeannie said...

Awesome! We'll see when we get there tomorrow if they left any. And we are STOKED about the Rangers sweeping the Yankees. This is good momentum for the post-season. Happy Rangers make a happy Travis.