Sunday, June 3, 2012

Name Change

Yesterday Sasquatch and I spent some time at the Dog Park at Highbridge Park, and then joined Travis and a few of his friends at the disc golf course (did you know that disc golf is its own thing, independent of frisbee golf? Before meeting Travis, I did not). The group in front of us included a small beagle and also a small boy who was maybe three years old and carrying a replica Captain America shield. One thing you might be able to guess about disc golf is that it is pretty male-dominated, as evidenced by the fact that the little boy noticed our group at one point and yelled, "Girl! Hey, girl!" Normally I would probably not engage with someone who started a conversation with me in that way, but I make exceptions for three-year-olds carrying shields. Here is the conversation that followed:

Little Boy: Girl! Hey, girl
Me: Hello
Boy: Hi!
Me: Is that a Captain America shield?
Boy: Yeah, I'm Captain America. That's an avenger. And Bruce Banner is the Hulk.
Me: Who's your favorite Avenger?
Boy: Captain America.
Me: He's my favorite too!
Boy: What's your name?
Me: Jeannie. What's yours?
Boy: Captain America. I already told you that.
Me: Oh. Can I take that back and say my name's Thor, then?
Boy: Yeah!

So there you have it.
Signing out,
Thor

1 comment:

mom said...

You changed your name and Lisa changed her curly hair to straight. Both radical changes, although possibly temporary. Until now, I thought it was just a normal day!