Friday, December 17, 2010

sixth sense

Let's just be clear: Sasquatch knows when Travis is gone.   I mean that he can be gone for 2 hours at Starbucks, and she is a perfect angel while he's away.  But 2 hours into Travis being gone for a week and she eats an electrical outlet, or vomits all over the floor, or shreds a towel.  She knows.
Travis left yesterday morning for a friend's wedding in Montana.  We set up a large pen (tested the previous day), and when I checked on Sasquatch at noon she was fine and dandy.  Five hours later, I came home to find:

  • dog greeting me at front door
  • pen cast aside
  • green Sharpie on the floor, chewed up
  • extension cord that led to lamp and heater unplugged, chewed into two pieces
Today, the pen was smaller.  Reinforced.  Ready.  She escaped, unplugged the heater, and ate the plug. Only the little metal piece were left.  The house is cold.  She destroyed the heater.  

Now we are in the basement by the wall heater, and beside me on the couch is a large pile of socks, baseball caps, ski goggles, etc. that I have pried out from between Sassy's teeth in the last hour.

I am stern.  I am tough.  My middle name is discipline, and dogs do not act out when they are left alone with me. (Repeat 2x)

No comments: